Sunday, July 19, 2009

Work in progress

I currently have two My Little Sunshine Bags in construction. One of these is for a store at West End (2nd store on the Gold Coast) which has offered to stock some of my bags, and the other is an order for a family member. I do find special orders much more enjoyable as you have the person in mind the whole time you are sewing. It does tend to put me under a little extra pressure, however the result is often a better product.

This is a relatively complicated bag to make and takes 22 pieces (including 3 layers of interfacing) to put it together. Is it any wonder this ones takes over 4 hours! I do think it is worth it though....

I don't think I will ever tire of this fabric. It is from the Heather Bailey Pop Garden collection.




5 comments:

  1. Hi Megan, congratulations on your blog! :)
    Your bags are so stunning - I love the little pleated ones - so girly and pretty!
    Best of luck with your blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Megan

    Congratulations on your new blog. I'm also a Heather Bailey fan and use her fabrics quite often. I love your bags!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This fabric is so stunning. It suits the girlyness of the bag so well too. Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Megan, I love your little clutches, they are so cute! I live in Brisbane also and make little bags, and I have the same sewing machine as you! Mine works well considering its age! I just wrote about it on my blog in fact. Do you buy most of your fabric online? I often buy mine from Funky Fabrix at Mitchelton. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Eloise,
    Thanks for the comment and for following! I left a little message for you too! I do mainly buy online because it is easier with a 3 year old (!), but also I find I make better, more considered decisions that way!! I use a variety of stores, but Kelani Faric Obsession is fantastic - great selection, awesome service! Thanks again, Megan

    ReplyDelete